Salix Finance empowers public sector organisations to take a lead in tackling climate change by helping to increase their energy efficiency.
Salix Finance – a not-for-profit organisation funded by Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for Education, the Welsh Government, the Scottish Government and Higher Education Funding Council for England – removes the barrier of significant upfront capital cost to investing in energy efficient technologies.
Salix provides interest-free loans for projects that fall within their compliance criteria: namely, that returns on investment and carbon savings must be proven to be achievable within a stipulated time period.
To date, Salix Finance has funded over 14,450 projects with 1,460 public sector bodies, valued at £462.9 million. This has saved the public sector over £116 million annually and £1.7 billion over the projects’ lifetime.
Eligible technologies include:
- Heating controls
- Boiler and heating system upgrades
- Pipework insulation
Did you know?
Energy efficient LED lighting for schools can save up to 80% of your total lighting costs.
We are proud to have delivered over 400 successful energy efficiency projects so far using £6.8m of Salix funded programmes.
How can UK Energy Partners help?
- We can provide a full Salix application management service.
- We will visit your site, conduct a full energy survey, construct a proposal incorporating our findings (along with your direct input) that complies fully with Salix eligibility criteria for energy and carbon savings, and present it to you.
- You then decide whether you wish to make an application to Salix for the funding – this still does not constitute a commitment either to Salix or to ourselves to proceed with the final project.
- We will manage your application with Salix directly and inform you once the finance has been successfully allocated. It is only at that point that you make a decision on whether to draw down the funds and engage us to proceed with the installation.