NetZero Buildings (NZB) is committed to developing new buildings that are higher quality, delivered faster with lower costs whilst being kind to the environment. Our manufacturing priorities are Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost with the Manufacturing Manager being at the heart of leading improvement and meeting plans in all these areas.
The role of the Site Manager is to ensure the smooth operation of a designated site.
Assertive and calm under pressure to meet numerous construction deadlines, whilst liaising with a wide range of external suppliers, specialists and in-house teams to achieve critical objectives, without compromising quality standards in any way, within budget and with no risk to the Health & Safety of their operational team, the Client or the general public. To achieve maximum co-operation, the ability to influence is key and the Site Manager will be comfortable supervising all onsite staff and will always display discretion and confidentiality .
Job Title: Site Manager
Location: Site based
Reports to: Construction Manager
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 7-4
Salary range: £38000 - £46000
- Provide a high level of leadership and management to their on-site team ensuring they are motivated and adequately trained to carry out their roles
- Provide scrutiny of working practices to ensure that all safety and quality processes & procedures are adhered to; Challenging and holding to account where required any individuals that fall short of the standards expected.
- Manage the site and deploy ‘right people, right place’ who are skilled for the work required.
- The Site Manager should drive their own Learning & Development needs identifying any formal or informal training requirements and then through collaboration with the Construction Manager put in place a Personal Development Plan.
- Monitor site practices to ensure compliance with regulations and legislation, including the company and statutory H&S policies. Conducting safety inspections of the site/team
- Agree site programmes and monitor progress
- Monitor output to ensure compliance with Building Regulations
- Agree snagging lists with client representative and ensure timely rectification
- Attend pre-start meetings
- Adding value to projects through new or improved ways of working, innovation and value management
- Producing and maintaining the works information
- Ensuring that reviewed and approved RAMS are in place for all activities being undertaken;
- Ensuring plant and equipment is inspected and maintained;
- Ensuring welfare facilities are maintained for the entire duration of the works
- Ensuring adequate supervision is in place;
- Ensuring individuals are inducted;
- Undertake/Support the investigation of all incidents on their Sites(s)
- Ensure all Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements & Task briefings are in place and monitored.
- Promote and ensure all work complies with safety, quality and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
- Assist in the selection of site labour.
- Assist in the procurement of materials and equipment
- Assist in the selection of subcontractors.
- Contribute to the control individual contract budgets minimising waste and maximising labour outputs.
- Ensure all necessary contract documentation/reports are accurate and produced on time.
- Provide point of contact with the customer, building effective and constructive relationships with key customer stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all key deadlines are achieved.
- Manage Clients expectations
- Coordinate the Installation process
- Programme the works, providing the business with regular updates
- Liaise with the Factory Foreman on work in progress to ensure orders are completed on time
- To inspect walls/ volumetric prior to delivery to ensure quality of workmanship
- To inspect buildings on return daily and report damages or items missing
- To be constantly aware of material wastage
- To ensure safe loading and unloading of walls/ volumetric and materials
- Ensure safety and environmental regulations and processes are adhered to
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
Diversity and Promoting Dignity at Work
NetZero Buildings recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.
All forms of bullying and harassment are unacceptable and will not be tolerated
Professional and Personal Development
All staff will have a formal appraisal with their manager, on an annual basis. Once performance/training objectives have been set, the individuals progress will be reviewed on a regular basis so that new objectives can be agreed and set, in order to maintain progress.
Those with management/supervisory responsibility are required to ensure that their direct reports have an appraisal.
Health and Safety
All staff have a responsibility to maintain health and safety of self and others within the performance of duties in accordance with NZB health and safety policies, and to undertake specific health and safety responsibilities as directed. All staff have a responsibility to adhere to the Risk Management Policies & Procedures.
All staff are required to contribute to the control of risk, and must report immediately any incident, accident or near miss to the NetZero Buildings Health and Safety Manager.
All staff are required to adhere to NetZero Buildings 5 point PPE standards.
Working on Non-NetZero Buildings Premises
All staff when working on non-NZB premises are bound by NZB policies and procedures.
To be familiar with and comply with all NZB policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
|Qualifications||Essential or Desirable|
|NVQ Level 6 in Site Management||Desirable|
|Experience & Specialist Knowledge||Essential or Desirable|
|Good knowledge of building methods and regulation||Essential|
|Strong experience in offsite construction working on both public and private sector||Essential|
|Minimum 5 years’ experience on site with responsibility for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost within their area||Essential|
|Experience of managing a team||Essential|
|Personal skills/abilities||Essential or Desirable|
|High levels of attention to detail||Essential|
|Advanced communication skills with both direct staff, internal colleagues and external suppliers||Essential|
|Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision||Essential|
|The ability to give clear instruction to a team and plan your teams workload to meet targets||Essential|
|The capability to manage multiple projects at the same time||Essential|
|Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and be able to react to changing priorities.||Essential|
|Corporate Induction||Within 1st Month||N/A||Face to face|
|Equality and Diversity||At Induction||2 years||Face to face|
|Health and Safety Awareness||At Induction||1 years||E-Learning|
|Fire Safety||At Induction||1 years||E-Learning|
|Manual Handling||At Induction||1 years||E-Learning|
|Mental Health Awareness||At Induction||2 years||Face to face|
|Appraisal Training||Within 3 months of starting||N/A||Face to face|
|Accident Reporting||At induction||Annually||Face to face|
Technical/Role Specific Competencies
|Education||Essential or Desirable|
|Proficient in Microsoft Office||Essential|
|Ability to travel||Essential|
|First Aid certification||Desirable|
Fairness, Inclusion and Respect
Treats everyone with respect and dignity. Openly and willingly listens to the views of others. Considers the impact of their own actions on others. Challenges inappropriate behaviour. Polite, patient and tolerant when dealing with others. Ensures processes and procedures are in place to promote fairness, inclusion and respect.
Demonstrates an interest in others and develops contacts outside of their own team. Shares own knowledge openly and freely. Proactively seeks information, resources and support from outside own team. Takes time to understand the work of other departments. Understands how actions may impact on others and actively seeks to engage with them. Listens to others and regularly checks their understanding.
Drives for results
Ensures they are clear about what is expected of them. Organises and plans their work effectively and efficiently to deal with both the expected and unexpected. Alerts colleagues to potential problems in meeting deadlines and suggests solutions. Produces work of a consistently high standard, checks own work. Looks for solutions when encountering problems. Sees tasks through to completion.
Takes responsibility for own development, reviews own performance and identifies development needs. Seeks to develop new skills and experiences. Learns from and acts on constructive feedback. Helps others by sharing own knowledge and experience. Makes effective use of the full range of development opportunities. Promotes and delivers development opportunities for staff. Ensure and promote the value of the appraisal process.
Innovation, change and agility
Is not afraid to constructively question or challenge. Demonstrates enthusiasm for change and a willingness to get involved. Readily exchanges information with others across the business. Readily contributes ideas or suggestions for improvement. Is open to new ideas and asks questions to confirm understanding. Willingly adopts own working practices to support changes.
Communication with impact
Conveys information clearly and concisely in an appropriate format. Speaks clearly and effectively to different audiences. Conveys energy and enthusiasm about their work. Asks open questions to appreciate others points of view. Confidently handles challenging conversations. Quickly puts others at ease and builds rapport.
Proactively keeps customers informed with timely and appropriate feedback. Identifies and clarifies individual customer needs. Is honest and realistic with customers. Do not over promise. Treat all customers with courtesy and respect. Resolves customer enquiries promptly only referring to others when genuinely appropriate. Apologises when services or products do not meet requirements.
Effective Decision Making
Makes effective decisions following appropriate criteria. Ask questions when unsure of correct approach. Investigates and responds to gaps in information. Undertakes appropriate analysis to support decisions or recommendations. Understands where to go and who to involve if further information is required. Thinks through implications of own decisions.
The qualifications listed in the job description are there to help you select the role that best fits your background and aspirations, so pay close attention and outline how you meet these requirements.
You will have an initial remote interview with either the recruiting manager, a nominated representative or HR. This is expected to last approx. 30 minutes to seek clarification on the application is required and provide information about the role.
If you progress through the remote interview you will be invited to a face to face interview with the recruiting manager and HR. You will be given to opportunity to meet colleagues and if a practical element of assessment is included you will be made aware of this at invite. Throughout the interview process, feel free to ask your interviewers for clarification. Ask questions—about the work, about the team, about the culture.
After your interviews are done, the panel review your application, interview feedback and scores, any work samples you submitted and any practical assessment undertaken. Once the recommendation for hire is complete this is finally approved by the relevant Director to provide another layer of objectivity and review.