Job title: R&D Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Salary range: £35,000 - £40,000
The post holder is responsible for identifying and developing R&D projects, redesigning existing products and performing research, design testing and validation on product concepts.
The post holder is responsible for managing teams and consultants to ensure projects are delivered on time, with milestones delivered, and within budget. You will be accountable for collecting and analysing data, making recommendations to the design team and presenting findings back to the teams and Senior Executive as required.
The post holder will actively participate and champion continuous improvement of the technology and look to improve efficiency through Design for Manufacture and Assembly DfMA.
- Work with consultants and suppliers to develop new methods of manufacture and evaluating the impact of these methods
- Identify new products and evaluate their performance and make recommendations for use within NZB.
- Tender review and sub-contractor tender evaluation with regards R&D budgets.
- Lead the R&D test programme which may include fire, acoustic, thermal testing.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients/contractors as part of the team.
- Attend meetings with designers, specialist contractors and internal teams.
- Review of new designs to ensure compliance to specification.
- Knowledge of market rates and have commercial input to the procurement team.
- On site review of build and identify improvements through R&D
- Ensure health and safety policy is adhered to during project duration
- Manage team members as required.
- Ensure learning is shared throughout NZB.
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
To be familiar with and comply with all NZB policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
Professional and Personal Development
All staff will have a formal appraisal with their manager, on an annual basis. Once performance/training objectives have been set, the individuals progress will be reviewed on a regular basis so that new objectives can be agreed and set, in order to maintain progress.
Those with management/supervisory responsibility are required to ensure that their direct reports have an appraisal.
Health and Safety
All staff have a responsibility to maintain health and safety of self and others within the performance of duties in accordance with NZB health and safety policies, and to undertake specific health and safety responsibilities as directed. All staff have a responsibility to adhere to the Risk Management Policies & Procedures.
All staff are required to contribute to the control of risk, and must report immediately any incident, accident or near miss to the NetZero Buildings Health and Safety Manager.
All staff are required to adhere to NetZero Buildings 5 point PPE standards.
Working on Non-NetZero Buildings Premises
All staff when working on non-NZB premises are bound by NZB policies and procedures.
Diversity and Promoting Dignity at Work
NetZero Buildings recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.
All forms of bullying and harassment are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- Extensive technical expertise across the design and build of Modular buildings
- Evidence of delivering products or services through R&D
- Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
- Good IT skills to include document management systems, Word and Excel
- DBS Check if required
- Previous experience in building is ideal not essential
- Previous experience in offsite manufacturing
- CSCS Card
To apply for this role or for more information please email [email protected]