Job title: Quality & Compliance Manager
Reports to: Manufacturing Director
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
NetZero Buildings (NZB) is committed to developing new buildings that are higher quality, delivered faster with lower costs whilst being kind to the environment. Outstanding product quality is an essential part of what makes our off-site manufacturing process a unique selling point for the business. We have a mission to achieve Zero Defects in our manufacturing and installation systems ensuring that our customers are delighted with the end product.
This role is critical; shaping and driving a robust and rigorous quality assurance culture, underpinned by world class systems and processes to enable us to be leading edge and an exemplar within our industry.
This is a challenging but rewarding role considering the complexity of operating across the manufacturing and traditional construction sectors.
- The primary role of the Quality Manager is to ensure that NZB is in compliance with all statutory, contractual and funding requirements and the integration of a full quality assurance process with manufacturing and site activities.
- The Quality Manager will identify opportunities to improve and will work on quality improvement projects that support a quality framework across all business activities.
- The Quality Manager will play a pivotal role leading the development, integration and management of a Quality Management System (QMS) that is operated cross functionally to drive quality assurance & service excellence.
- Will identify areas of risk conducting thorough gap analysis and leading closure through driving action plans and projects.
- Will actively promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the business ensuring that best practice is shared and embedded at all levels.
- Review, establish and implement measurable performance enhancing strategies that evidence a customer focussed approach to quality improvement. The Quality Manager will achieve all agreed KPIs and contribute to the achievement of wider business quality targets reporting on metrics as required.
- Organise and chair (once defined) forums, focus groups and quality meetings in order to drive quality management within the business and support the Directors in achieving their vision of Zero Defects.
- Work with the supply chain team to identify and improve inbound supplier quality. Define a transformational approach to quality moving the traditional construction supply chain to a lean model.
- Define a quality control procedure to ensure that the manufacturing team have adequate quality checks within the process to ensure that any defects present are captured before exiting the factory.
- Own the NCR process, allocate NCR remedial actions to the appropriate departments/individuals and track the completion of actions preparing a monthly report on progress to close out.
- Be the focal point for customer complaints putting in place remedial actions (poka-yokes) and providing feedback to the customer on completion.
- Provide support to managers, heads of departments and directors during quality investigations taking the lead in complex cases or where external bodies are involved. Own the implementation of short, medium and long term countermeasures.
- Develop and lead an internal audit regime. Conduct thorough analysis prior to the completion of audits by external bodies e.g. ISO, BOPAS providing a timely brief to Directors on the readiness state of the business prior to any audit.
- Identify and assist in the deployment of quality training throughout the business. Be a subject matter expert offering quality expertise to the training department in the building of course material.
- As the quality function grows lead your team in a transformational manner ensuring they are supported and enabled to bring their best selves and skill set. Develop and coach the team putting in place structured development plans for team members who may have a particular need.
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
To be familiar with and comply with all NZB policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
Professional and Personal Development
All staff will have a formal appraisal with their manager, on an annual basis. Once performance/training objectives have been set, the individuals progress will be reviewed on a regular basis so that new objectives can be agreed and set, in order to maintain progress.
Those with management/supervisory responsibility are required to ensure that their direct reports have an appraisal.
Health and Safety
All staff have a responsibility to maintain health and safety of self and others within the performance of duties in accordance with NZB health and safety policies, and to undertake specific health and safety responsibilities as directed. All staff have a responsibility to adhere to the Risk Management Policies & Procedures.
All staff are required to contribute to the control of risk, and must report immediately any incident, accident or near miss to the NetZero Buildings Health and Safety Manager.
All staff are required to adhere to NetZero Buildings 5 point PPE standards.
Working on Non-NetZero Buildings Premises
All staff when working on non-NZB premises are bound by NZB policies and procedures.
Diversity and Promoting Dignity at Work
NetZero Buildings recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.
All forms of bullying and harassment are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
To apply for this role or for more information please email [email protected]