Job title: Mechanical Project Manager
Reports to: Technical Director
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
Salary range: £35,000 - £40,000
The post holder is responsible for the safe, timely and efficient design and installation of mechanical systems and IT infrastructure within our education buildings and residential buildings.
The post holder will be required to provide services both on and off-site, managing a small team of FTEs and various sub-contractors.
- Work with Pre-Construction team in developing the Mechanical and Plumbing elements to tender stage.
- Tender review and sub-contractor tender evaluation
- Lead the Mechanical elements to bid presentations
- Attend project meetings and produce reports.
- Build relationships with clients/contractors as part of the team.
- Attend meetings with designers, specialist contractors and internal teams
- Review of designs to ensure compliance to specification
- Review, assess and select Electrical sub-contractors
- Knowledge of market rates and have commercial input to the procurement team.
- On site review and management of building services installation to ensure contract compliance
- Ensure health and safety policy is adhered during project duration
- Manage team members
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
To be familiar with and comply with all NZB policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
Professional and Personal Development
All staff will have a formal appraisal with their manager, on an annual basis. Once performance/training objectives have been set, the individuals progress will be reviewed on a regular basis so that new objectives can be agreed and set, in order to maintain progress.
Those with management/supervisory responsibility are required to ensure that their direct reports have an appraisal.
Health and Safety
All staff have a responsibility to maintain health and safety of self and others within the performance of duties in accordance with NZB health and safety policies, and to undertake specific health and safety responsibilities as directed. All staff have a responsibility to adhere to the Risk Management Policies & Procedures.
All staff are required to contribute to the control of risk, and must report immediately any incident, accident or near miss to the NetZero Buildings Health and Safety Manager.
All staff are required to adhere to NetZero Buildings 5 point PPE standards.
Working on Non-NetZero Buildings Premises
All staff when working on non-NZB premises are bound by NZB policies and procedures.
Diversity and Promoting Dignity at Work
NetZero Buildings recognises the contribution of all employees to deliver our Business. We expect staff to value and respect diversity and to respond to the differing and diverse needs of others. We aim to have an environment free of bullying or harassment which would create an intimidating and unpleasant atmosphere impacting on staff wellbeing.
All forms of bullying and harassment are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Relevant Electrical Qualification
- Extensive technical expertise across the design and build of Mechanical services and demonstrate a technical understanding for Electrical integration for BMS controls
- Knowledge of the planning process
- Previous experience of M&E
- Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
- Good IT skills to include document management systems, Word and Excel
- DBS Check if required
- Previous experience in building is ideal not essential
- Previous experience in offsite manufacturing
- BMS control
- CSCS Card
To apply for this role or for more information please email [email protected]