UK ENERGY PARTNERS – PART OF NET ZERO BUILDINGS
Energy management is based on information and control
Metering your building will provide the information you need to manage your consumption, but there is a broad spectrum of technology and competing systems which provide on-going monitoring of energy consumption and environmental conditions, allowing for optimisation of plant operation and a potential reduction in associated energy costs whilst ensuring that comfort conditions are maintained.
- UK Energy Partners will conduct a whole-site analysis of your building to establish the specifications for a bespoke energy management system.
- The parameters for any such system will be agreed with you during the consultation process.
- Energy performance benchmarks will be set, and we will source, supply and install the bespoke technology.
- As an independent provider, we are not committed to any one manufacturer or technology, our primary aim being the best and most cost-effective solution for your building and energy policy requirements.
Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS)
BEMS are wireless or hard-wired systems of monitors, sensors, and timers through which you can control the plant operation of your building – your lighting, heating and cooling facilities (separately or together).
Plan and manage energy consumption and environmental conditions day-to-day, building-by-building, floor-by-floor, even room-by-room.
On-line portal access, email and SMS alerts enable you to react in real-time to issues and environmental changes regardless of where you are. With the information and actuating capabilities that a properly specified BEMS provides, you will see immediate and significant changes in usage patterns leading to on-going energy cost and consumption reductions.
Why install a Building Energy Management System?
- A Building Energy Management System (BEMS) will be tailored to suit each customer’s specific control requirements.
- It must provide efficient HVAC control, coupled with the flexibility to accommodate changes in occupancy status and staff relocation at short notice, whilst simultaneously delivering improved comfort conditions.
- BEMS must also provide real time management information and control, enabling customers to achieve significant energy savings.
Lighting Controls and Sensors
State-of-the-art lighting controls are a simple, cost-effective means of managing your building’s energy consumption – a successful, well-managed system just needs the correct specification at the outset, and is a key component of most modern lighting systems.
- Automatic Sensors – microwave and infra-red.
- Whole-site lighting control systems.
- Energy savings between 10 and 30%, dependent on-site requirements and usage.
UK Energy Partners conduct a detailed lighting controls investigation as a standard part of each site energy survey that we undertake.
If you want to upgrade to the latest, high efficiency lighting, then it makes sense to consider the installation of an integrated system of lighting controls at the same time, as part of the same electrical programme of works.
We will design, specify, and install a lighting control system using software that enables us to tune and control lighting on-site. This offers an alternative, more easily quantifiable savings platform, with the timed operation of lights in designated areas. Lighting control systems can incorporate both automatic and motion sensors.
UK Energy Partners will install an intelligent electronic solution which optimises the firing pattern of your boiler by monitoring the demand from the building. This is a quintessential low-cost, high-impact energy conservation measure with an in-built monitoring and verification facility enabling us to guarantee your energy savings.
A simple plant room survey will enable us to supply you with a comprehensive evaluation of the potential energy and cost savings.
Improve the efficiency of your boilers – reduce your gas consumption by 10%.
Benefits of installing a boiler optimisation unit:
- Low cost, easy to install, rapid returns.
- Reduces the amount of time your boiler burns gas or oil, without affecting the temperature of the building.
- Generates major energy, cost, and carbon savings.
- Retrofitted to almost any existing boiler units.
- Savings are independently certified by the Building Research Establishment (BRE).
- Reduces ‘dry cycling’ wear-and-tear, increasing the life of the boiler, and cutting maintenance costs.
- Compatible with most Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS).
- Each unit simply fixes onto the side of your boiler, and can generate its own savings report.